Here are some ideas to help you improve your bass playing!
Scroll down for a PDF copy of a Manifesto Of A Bass Player.
Manifesto Of A Bass Player
- I will work on my technique
- I focus on tone, timing, taste - the three elements of great bass playing!
- I will make do with the gear I have and I have no room for G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)
- I will work on my ear until I can understand music better
- I don't get despondent when I hear an amazing player; instead I learn from them
- Every practice session is maximised so I improve even 1%
- I have a clear game plan for my development. My improvement is completely under my control
- I will follow my musical soul
- I push myself and open up my musical horizons. Nothing is off limits and I'm curious about new music and new things to practise