I felt like doing a bass guitar Q&A session this week and here are the questions with the time they appear in the video:
1. Do you recommend getting any gear to help the learning process? 00:13
2. Should I learn all scale shapes on the fret board or just learn the notes? 02:24
3. What do you miss out on, or gain access to, when you play a pentatonic scale? 06:30
4. How timbre for same pitch can vary based on string/fret 10:31
5. Any advice about doing small gigs? 12:16
6. Any interesting circle of 4ths exercises that you have used? 14:35
7. What strings do you use and how often do you change them? 16:32
8. What pedals does one need for country bass? 18:50
9. Tube vs. solid state amps 20:22
I mention a few lessons in the video and links to those lessons can be found by scrolling down.
Here are the products I talked about:
Tomplay - interactive sheet music and backing tracks
Mooer P1 - practice headphone amp/effects
Rip X - remove bass from a song to create a backing track
Beat Buddy - rhythm/metronome/drum loop pedal (use DAN10 for 10% off)
*Some of the links above are affiliate links where I get a small commission if you buy. It's no extra cost for you and it helps me keep this channel running.
Bass Lessons Mentioned
If you have a question get in touch!