Fix these and you'll improve your bass playing and live performance a tiny bit.
I'm a big fan of small improvements building up to something bigger over time. Make sure you're always learning at least something new and you'll find that you can't help but to get better.
8 Criminal Bass Playing Errors!
- Missing beat one coming out of a fill
- Not tuning up
- Tuning loudly on stage
- Playing in gaps in a rehearsal or just before the first song
- Not listening
- Forgetting to turn your volume up as you start the song!
- Forgetting your role as a bassist
- Not learning the proper bass parts
I go into all of these in more detail in the video so make sure to watch it.
For more tips like this:
- What I’ve Learnt From 19 Years As A Pro Bassist (With Tips For YOU!)
- 7 Life-Changing Musical Habits
- 4 Habits Of Successful Musicians
- 4 ESSENTIAL Daily Bass Guitar Practice Habits