Here are five ideas you can use to improve your bass playing.
The title says 5-Minute and if that's all the time you have, then just do that.
However, the more (quality, focused, deliberate) practice you do the better. But, I'm guessing you knew that already... 🙂
The ideas are based around:
- Memorising something you don't know (a Mixolydian mode in the video lesson)
- Technique. Move your bass technique forward by focusing on hard stuff you can't do (yet)
- Listening. Figure out bass lines and work out what makes them so good.
- Create! This is an extension of the last point. Play around with any idea you like. Make it your own.
- Timing. Use a metronome or drum loop (scroll down for a free one) to get your groove together. Make sure you can comfortable play whatever it is you're about to tackle before you do this.
Quite simply, if you can get into a good practice routine where you're pushing yourself, having fun, being inspired, and most importantly, improving, then you'll set yourself for massive success in your bass playing.
You only need to improve a tiny bit each time and those gains will compound over time.
Soul Bass Drum Backing Track (110BPM)
Here are more of my lessons on practice. This could be the number one area for you to focus on!