This bass tutorial takes you through a sample 30 minute bass practice routine from my course From Beginner To Bassist.
The course also contains a 5 and 60 minute version.
The premise of this type of routine is to:
- Bring structure to your bass practice
- Split up a session into units of time
- Work on different elements of bass playing
- Have fun and make small changes that lead to big improvements
You can adapt any part of this routine to your own needs and it should change as you improve.
Here are the lessons I mention during the video. These are things you can add into your bass practice routine straight away!
- The Greatest Ever Bass Guitar Exercise
- The Minor and Major Blues Scales on Bass Guitar
- 7 Patterns To Instantly Create Incredible Bass Lines!
- 7 Metronome Exercises For Bass Guitar To Work On Your Timing And Groove
The last part of the session involves you logging your progress. This will clarify your thinking around bass playing and give you the answers as to what you need to be working on in the next session.
I can't recommend getting into this habit enough!
If you want a dedicated notebook, check out The Bass Guitar Practice Journal.