In my last lesson, I played a cover of one of my favourite ever bass lines:
This bass guitar tutorial is all about how to play the two main grooves found in the song and how to stamp your own personality onto it by adding fills.
Tomplay Play Along Software
The software I played along to in the cover is amazing. It's called Tomplay and it has hundreds of songs on it. You can mute the bass guitar on the backing track and then play along to the TAB or notation.
It's a great practice tool and I'll be featuring it in upcoming video lessons.
If you want to try it out for 14 days for free, click this link.
Good Times ii V Dorian to Mixolydian Bass Exercise
Good Times is in the key of D Major and uses the ii and V chords (Em7 to A7).
That outlines a very funky sounding chord progression where the Dorian and Mixolydian modes fit.
Here's a nice little exercise you can use to memorise the sound and patterns:
Good Times (Chic - Bernard Edwards)
Bernard Edwards Bass Lessons
Here are some more bass lessons from the master!
- How To Play Bass (A Bit…) Like Bernard Edwards
- Learn The Dance Dance Dance Bass Guitar Riff (Bernard Edwards – CHIC)
- Bernard Edwards CHUCKING Bass Guitar Technique
- Learn The Everybody Dance Bass Guitar Riff (Bernard Edwards – CHIC)
- Bass Line Breakdown – Le Freak (Bernard Edwards) FUNK BASS
- Good Times Bass Cover With Extra Cool Bass Fills! [Chic/Bernard Edwards]