My second most popular bass lesson ever on YouTube is Creating Bass lines Over A Chord Progression (Bm/G/Em/C).
The format of the lesson is to build different ideas for bass lines and fills over a backing track. Then you practise those in your own time.
This lesson is the same, using a funky chilled pop style.
In this bass tutorial, you'll learn:
- How to create a bass line using root notes and RHYTHM
- The importance of 3rds + 5ths (HARMONY)
- To connect notes using scale/modes (MELODY)
- How to create simple yet memorable bass parts
- Bass fills using minor pentatonic and chord tones
This is an action packed lesson with loads to learn!
Scroll down for the free backing track.
Am Dm F G Bass Guitar Backing Track
In my opinion, there's no greater skill on bass than to jam, improvise, and make up bass lines on the spot. Preferably in different styles too.
I have LOADS of lessons on this on my site and you can find some of them below.