This one's an epic lesson packed into under fifteen minutes.
Here's what you'll learn (and where it appears in the video below).
- 01:13 A dark minor chord progression - Am/C#m
- 01:39 A Melodic Minor and C# Natural Minor scales
- 01:54 Simple triad/arpeggio exercise
- 03:24 Melodic phrasing - adding the Major 2nd interval
- 04:09 Making up bass lines
- 06:23 Scale exercises
- 09:08 Bass solo!
This lesson works with the free backing track which you can download below (along with some scale shapes).
Am to C#m Bass Guitar Backing Track
Melodic Minor & Natural Minor Shapes For Bass
These are the two scales that work over each chord.
They're not related but they combine to create an interesting, dark but beautiful vibe.
I have loads of lessons like this one! If you liked it, you'll also get a lot from:
Keen to get better fast? Check out my comprehensive course From Beginner To Bassist (Learn The Elements Of Great Bass Playing)