Us bass players love bass guitar gear. I'm no different and you're probably not either!
The gear you invest in plays a big part in your tone; one of the most important aspects of bass playing. By the way, here are my four important 'T's of bass playing:
Anyway, here are the five items of gear I get asked most on my YouTube channel and Instagram page.
The Bass Gear I Get Asked About The Most
If you're short of time, very briefly, here is the gear I get asked about the most:
- By far the biggest question is about my slightly unusual (for a 'YouTuber' anyway) 1982 Ibanez Roadster. Here is it pre and post modifications. I love this bass.
- Elites bass strings. Reasonably priced, excellent strings from a brilliant iconic British company (they also ship worldwide for a low fixed cost).
- Spectrasonics Stylus for drum beats.
- Band In A Box for backing tracks.
- My signal chain: Avalon U5 thru out to Jules Monique into Universal Audio Apollo X6 into Logic Pro X (running on a 2021 iMac). Here's a video showing my exact set up.